Saturday, May 21, 2011

I like pictures!

HERE ARE SOME OF MY RECENT ADVENTURES THAT I FORGOT TO MENTION AT SOME POINT:

We decided to go on a walk/drive over to Sandy Beach and look around. It was beautiful, but sandy! Haha! Jenny kept getting sand in her crocs so she finally decided to take them off. I thought she was crazy because that sand was COLD! Haley was helping her!

Here is the remains of the old Treadwell mine. This was one of the pump stations... at least whats left of it. It was the only part of the mine that was made with cement. It was so loud and moved so much that if they had built it out of wood it would have just crumbled. Its very spooky and has a Harry Potter feel to it!

We walked back in the old mine. The part that is above ground - don't worry! And I came across this pipe. When the mine collapsed in 1917 they basically just walked away. This pipe is stamped 1914. I thought it was so cool that something so old is still just sitting there.

This is my bum. Haley decided it was a nice shot so I wanted to share it with the WORLD! I wanted a picture of me inside the mine. I guess this is as good as it gets... ???

This the grinder thingy-ma-bobber. We went to the City Museum and there was a miniature version of this but I can't remember what it is. I think its funny thought - theres a sign on it that says "Please Do Not Touch"... its out in the middle of no where getting rained on ALL THE TIME! Whatever.

I rubbed Buddha's belly. He will bring me good luck! I know it!

We went to the Juneau Maritime Festival! I had the best pulled pork sandwich ever! It only cost me 9 dollars but whatever! It was a great day! I got to wear shorts! Its been so nice all week... until today. Its been rainy all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment