Monday, May 9, 2011

May 9, 2011

Hey Amber, I'm practicing being like Monday - CONSISTENT :)

This has been the longest day of my life. I am so glad the work part of it is over. I had a rough day! It was my first day of solo driving, and that by itself was nothing. I could have been solo driving the day I got here (except I hadn't the foggiest where I was going) but its a rule that you have to drive with someone who has driven before for at least 10 hours. It took my a few days to finally get them done but I did it and today I got to go by myself! I was very excited. So I walked out and I picked the bus I knew was going to take me places of excitement and I pre-tripped the crap out of that bus! By that I just mean I did what I was supposed to do and then I drove away in it. I should have known it was all going to fall apart just by the fact that when I started said bus of wonder and fascination it blew large clouds of smoke into my face and anyone standing within 100 yards of the thing. And proceeded to blow that smoke for like 10 mins. FINALLY it stopped when I got the engine warmed up and started driving through the beautiful town of Juneau, AK. 

I had been driving for about 2 hours when I decided I should try going up to Eagle Crest all by my lonesome. So I did. Sadly they were doing construction on the road RIGHT in front of the turn off so they made it practically impossible to turn, but I did it and on my way up the mountain I saw 4 deer. I love deer. They are so cute and friendly and only drive you crazy when they decide to jump in front of your car going 60 mph. Don't worry, that didn't happen. I'm pretty sure if a deer used my bus to commit suicide... it would work. I reach the top of this amazing mountain and I take a quick stretch break and head back down. I get to where that blasted flippin construction is and I realize the have moved down the road. Now the enormous digger guy is planted right in front of where I have to turn. You can't turn a 40-ft bus in tight places - it just doesn't work. But I had to get out of that horrible place so I turned wide, backed up and finished turning. The whole time the construction workers are laughing at me. I make it all the way around the corner and I didn't even  hit the construction barrels that were on the corner. But all the sudden I feel my back wheel start to slip into the ditch behind me and I panicked so I gave the bus some gas and it popped right out no big deal except as it came onto the road I head scrapping metal for a second or two and it was fine. I drove directly back to the yard to tell Kerry, but he wasn't there so I looked under my bus and at all my gages and everything showed normal so I went back out. I called Kerry a few hours later to tell him about "the incident" because my sensitive little conscience wouldn't let me not tell him. After that I felt bad, but better. It continued to drive fine. I decided to go try and see if I could do the Salmon back drop off without any problems.... HAHAHAHA YEAH RIGHT! There were a ton of people so I had to try to turn around in the T-shaped parking lot just a head of the drop off. I got trapped and I had to do like a 20 point turn in order to get out of my stupid mistake and my low air buzzer went off and I couldn't handle it anymore. I cried and drove back to the yard to give up. 

Now I'm home and have eaten dinner and Chelsi is asleep and the other girls aren't home. So its quite. I think I just needed to sit quietly and relax cuz now I'm fine. See... fine. Plus we might be going to Costco... I LOVE COSTCO! All this horrible no good very bad day stuff doesn't make sense because last night was so much fun!

 Zach and Kyle came over to our house last night and we played card games. Kyle decided it would be fun to try to teach me and Chelsi how to play Blackjack and Texas Holdem... with M&Ms. It was a blast! I won! OF COURSE! And I got to go to church. That was nice! So yesterday was good. I had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment