Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Someday I'll get this... or not. Whichever!

I am a complete failure at this "Epic Blogger" thing. I have never been very good at writing in my journal. I couldn't even blasted keep track of my days on my mission, what makes me think I could ever start now. Its been like a month and a half since the last time I updated this blasted thing so here it goes...

Alaska is... rainy. It's also tons of fun. Starting my update from reverse, last night we attempted to go watch the Northern Lights. Someone told us that last night was THE night and that despite the fact that its JULY, you might be able to see some level 3 lights (mostly green, some yellow). That sounded like a reason to have a get together so we all headed out to False Outer to watch the lights. Last time we attempted to get together at False Outer, group A (Me, Jenny, Haley, Chelsi, Brian, Amy, and Dylan) all went as planned to the aformentioned location complete with firewood and the components of delicious s'mores. Meanwhile group B (EVERYONE ELSE) "thought they were supposed to go the Outer". Lies. Its all lies! Anyway, I'm not bitter. There was a minor miscommunication and anyway, we did the Summer Solstice party our way and needless to say they did theirs their way. We both had loads of fun and it all worked out in the end.
Group A
Please tell me this isn't weird... its about 10:30 pm. WHO LIVES LIKE THIS?!?!

Since we know that mustaches are pretty much the 
coolest things EVER - we had a mustache party... sort of.

We decided, when it was time to leave, to just burn ALL the wood we brought. 
Maybe it was a good idea... maybe not. Too late now!

I apologize for my random Summer Solstice party tangent. As you can see it was actually a lot of fun and worked out for the best considering the other group got stupid drunk and I really didn't want to deal with watching them try to find their own feet and then giggle while screaming weird facts about fish. Yes, it happens. I witnessed it again last night. I love them. They are so funny.

At some point in the last month and a half the city of Juneau held a "Poetry Bash" and our little Kyle cakes decided he was going to OWN THAT BASH! And boy did he ever! He did such a great job! It was superhero themed. His poem was from the villains perspective and it was very good! My favorite however was this random girl that was slightly Emo and a little bit more weird than the normal person but man did she know my life! Haha! Her poem was about how if she were a superhero, she would use her powers to make the boy she loved notice her. It sounds pathetic and slightly creeper-ish but it really was good. Maybe one day when Eric doesn't hate me and I've decided to stop loathing him for all eternity I can ask him for the recording of it. I think you and the world (mostly me) would enjoy hearing it (again).
Andrew and his stupid looking face. Not an insult... look at it - 
what else would you call that face?

Ahh, my friends! Jenny and Sarah are the right side of the cheering section 
(that managed to take up the entire back row of the room - yeah we KNOW how to represent!)

Myself and Kyle (errr, I mean the "Masked Man")

THE OTHER GUYS! Nah just kidding! This is Paul, Chelsi, and Haley! The quieter, more reserved part of our cheer section. Well done guys! I mean look at those faces! Don't they just scream supportive!?


Now jumping forward in time to right about..... NOW! We are currently watching one Harry Potter movie a night in preparation for the GREATEST OPENING NIGHT IN THE HISTORY OF OPENING NIGHTS! WHO'S EXCITED?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Tonight we are on Harry Potter numero thrice! And on Thursday the Valley theater is doing a double feature! We're going to go watch part one of the last Harry Potter at 9:30pm and then at midnight Alaska time they are showing the second half. This is all very exciting and I'm not exactly sure if I'm going to be able to contain myself. Yeah... I'm not this is just all so EXCITING! I can't believe that the thing I haven't really cared about nor ever really wanted to become involved in is coming to an end in less than 3 days. Its like when Christmas is finally over. Or when you have a baby (I guess). All that anticipation and then BAM its over in just hours. Now that I think about it, its making me ridiculously depressed. Kind of like listening to Christina Perry's new CD (it speaks to me).

No comments:

Post a Comment