Saturday, May 21, 2011

May 16, 2011

Quote of the day: “You’d feel really bad if I woke up dead tomorrow morning” – Jenny. 

Today has been a fun day actually. I kinda made that sound surprising, but really it was fun! We had to be at work this morning at 8:30am  (I decided the early call time is just so that all the late people have time to get to work before they get left, cuz we never leave when we say we’re going to) and then we went on the second Driver Family tour. The last one was last week and we went to all the hot spots we have to take tours to like the Glacier Gardens, Mendenhall Glacier, Era Helicopters, Eagle Crest, etc. This time we got to go to this weird hippy gardens place called the Green ____ Gardens. It was extremely hippy-ish. It is run by this lady and her husband and it’s a 1000 mile trail that they created to accentuate the plants of Alaska. I guess there’s like 50 or 60 different plants and shrubs that can be found there and each week she numbers thirty of them so that you can study and explore them. It was neat and very pretty. The trip finished off  with a delightful muffin. Thank you strange garden place. Then we went to the State Museum. That place is rockin and I love it! They even have a pirate boat. A PIRATE BOAT! Jenny likes to tell the story of the time she went there and then fell down the stairs and made the only loud noise I the whole building. We then went to the Alaska Beer Brewery. Not my favorite part of the tour but interesting nonetheless. It smelled like really old yeast, I’m still not used to the smell of beer – nor do I ever plan on being. But they had beer bottles from all over the world – hundreds of them! That was neat. I decided I’m going to go buy on of their sweatshirts just cuz I can! J And last we hit up the Chez Cooking School that is located over by the airport. Our lovely driver was Gernet (he’s from Canada and talks like it too!) and he kept pronouncing it how its spelled and not how the French say it. Just so everyone knows its pronounced “Shays”. Then we were done. It was time to go do wash crew. It went way faster than I hoped it would but thats ok, cuz that meant we could be done early! So uneventful. No epic adventures today!

No comments:

Post a Comment