Saturday, May 21, 2011

Man Can Ted Dance!

I finally got to hike to the ice craves! ADVENTURE! It was amazing! Except for the minor panic attack that I had as I climbed the sheer cliff. It was slightly embarrassing, but what can ya do. When you are scared of heights you're scared of heights dang it! Leave me alone! I am grateful, however, because I had the wonderful Becky and Kyle to help me to the top and then back down again. I was pretty sure I was going to die there. We did the 1.5 mile hike to the glacier and then me and Justice decided it was safer to stay on the NON-MOVING part! I watched as Andrew, Becky, and Chelsi all ate it on the ice. Good thing Justice brought his binoculars :) otherwise it wouldn't have felt like I was standing right there when they fell! On the way back I decided that it was better to just push through the pain instead of take fifty thousand breaks and make the hike laster forever! So whenever the others would stop I would just keep going. Kyle and Becky would keep up with me and we had an awesome "religion" talk. It was fun. I love these people! But I made it to the last hill (according to Kyle... and it was a lie!) when I laid on the ground and closed my eyes and said.... "Just let me die!" They wouldn't let me and I thought that was kind of rude!

I decided to ride back with Becky and we went to Fred Meyer because she wanted biscuits and I wanted cinnamon rolls. I still have the canister in the fridge. I should make those... Yum! Friday I got to do a charter for, I guess, Dennis' family. The only weird part was that he's white... they were not. I was confused at first then I found out they were his step family and their friends. They were AWESOME! And I ended up with a $60 tip - I only had six people in my bus. It was fabulous! 

Friday night was freakin hilarious! We went and saw Pirates 4 (I was slightly disappointed, mostly because of the lag in the middle. I wish they hadn't spent so much time on the mermaids. Who really cares?) I liked it, but it felt like it lasted forever. I was saving seats with Jenny and lucky me, I got to sit next to Brian and Andrew! It was great! Then we dropped off Andrew back at his hotel and we walked down to the Alaskan. Its the only place where you can have an Alaskan, served by and Alaskan, in the Alaskan. Its a bar. We ran into Shaner there and they all decided to go find a more lively place. So we walked over the to the Imperial (another bar - don't judge). I danced. ALOT. Ted was the only guy there so he looked like quite the ladies man withe five girls that were there with him. But I danced until I was beat then we left. At like 3 o'clock this morning I hear loud banging on my window. Haley and Becky decided to walk home after they were done. It scared the crap out of me. I thought someone was trying to kill me - I was very confused. And tired... But they got home safe and I got up to go to work the whole house was a stinky! 

No one could drive me to work and I woke up too late to walk so I called Andrew and ask him to pick me up.  He looked like he hated life at work today. I had a great day of nothing. I love it when they do that! Now its Saturday! Welcome to the end of the world! All week long Becky has been telling me that her husband is preparing for the rapture - mostly just so he can go steal everyone's stuff that was rapture-fied! Its 3:45pm in Alaska, which means its about 5:45pm in Idaho - the world hasn't ended yet. I wonder what it will feel like to have planned and prepared for the Second Coming only to find out they were dead wrong. 

Favorite rant of the day: "When I get home I'm gonna eat hamburgers, and ice cream, and hot dogs - I don't even like hot dogs but thats what I want! And candy corns, and cheese, and then I'm gonna need someone to cuddle with while I watch a really dumb chick flick. But no one will ever love me so I don't have anyone to cuddle with. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy?" - Erin (I was very tired at the end of that flippin hike!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment