Wednesday, July 27, 2011

This one's for my Grandma!

I keep swearing that I'm going to improve on my blogging skills. It has yet to happen, but I'm not dead yet so I think I have time. Today was a beautiful day! We had wash crew, I had a pick up from Allen Marine because a HAPA bus broke down and I made $8 in tips, and then we went to Auke Lake and sat on the dock until we were sufficiently cooked. I would say I am about medium well (don't tell my grandma...). These last two weeks have been... a struggle. So we're just gonna lay out the drama and then get to the fun stuff because quite frankly drama is often part of the adventure.
Here we go... so over the last week, maybe, week and a half a huge chunk of HAPA's drivers have quit (HAPA is Holland America Princess and something that starts with an “A” that I don’t know) and a significant amount of their buses have given up the ghost. So they have show the bat signal and we came to the rescue. Which honestly is really nice for us because so many people (shh myself included… hang my head in shame) have complained about the lack of hours. Our people have done really good at trying to make sure everyone gets an equal amount of hours but try as you may in life it’s never good enough so there was a lot of complaining. This has basically been a huge tender mercy, miracle, Heavenly Father has a spot in His heart from the ingrates of ACT – whatever you want to call it, it’s been that.
Then not very many people have shown up to wash crew as well as a few people have gone and found themselves second jobs, which has freed up some more hours for us. We really don’t deserve this but it’s been great. Then come to find out one of our drivers quit yesterday, which is very sad because she was very nice. But that brings up a whole new can of ridiculousness. With her spot open at Gold St. there has been an auction of sorts to see who is going to fill that slot. I don’t want to leave; I really like who I live with and where I live. It’s had its moments but what apartment full of girls from different backgrounds doesn't have its moments? 

I know none of that was important but I figured it would be fun to put up those pictures with a fun little dialog surrounding them. Now, on to the fun stuff!
About two weeks ago Tyson and I went on a whale watch as our comp. We get to go on pretty much any tour we want to for free but it’s a "only if we have room" kinda deal. So we were really lucky. I was sad because I really wanted to go on the Whale/OPL - that’s the one with all the food! So despite the rain, we headed to Marine Park dock to get on the bus. Our driver was a HAPA driver. He was very nice and very excited to be a driver! We headed out to Auke Bay (Allen Marine) and caught out Whale Watching ferry. We were on the St. Yukov – all the boats at Allen Marine are named after Russian Saints. Anyway, pretty much the second everyone was on board we were off to find us some whales! It wasn’t even 20 minutes into our 2 ½ hour adventure that we found them! IT WAS SO AWESOME! 
I mean I’ve seen Free Willy like fifty times but it’s just NOT the same! It really was so amazing! I loved it! Tyson thought I was crazy because I just kept jumping up and down with straight up excitement that we were seeing WWHHAALLEESS!! There were babies and Orcas and Humpbacks and WWHHAALLEESS!!!! It was GREAT!
This is Tyson by the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment